Our B&W photography darkroom is set up for two photographers to work comfortably in a professional-grade darkroom. From the light-proof room where you can safely unload your film, to our wet lab for processing, to our print dryer and drying racks, and all the conveniences in between, we offer everything the photographer needs to produce professional, quality negatives and prints.
- Bessler dichro 45S enlarger
- Omega C760 enlarger
- Omega Arkay print dryer
- Can accommodate up to 11”x14” prints and medium format
- Film drying cabinet
- Light table
- Dry mount press for mounting your photos.
what you need to know
Basically, you just need to bring your film and paper. We provide most everything else! Make your negatives, check them out on our light table, then start printing in our wet lab! Please call ahead before coming and we can have all of the chemicals set up for you when you arrive. We use Ilford chemicals.
STUDIO RENTAL INFO
We have several options for artists looking to spend time in the Darkroom:
- Hourly, $10 per hour - plus $5 flat chem fee
- Daily, $55 per day (chem fees assessed at end of day)
- Weekly, $95 per week (chem fees assessed at end of week)
- Monthly, $150, (Resident ArtEst), This is our most economical option for dedicated artists. Artists will have complete access to the entire studio facility during business hours - approximately 250 available hours each month - which includes use of our studio equipment and storage for your gear. Great for either single media or versatile cross-media artists! Chem fess will be assessed as needed based on use.
Give us a call to schedule studio time, or drop by to take a tour!