Our press is ready for your print! Our professional grade etching press is at your service and can produce either small or very large prints.
BEGINNERS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!! We offer expert instruction in Printmaking by Deborah Hamburger.
* Conrad E-37 37 x 60 Etching Press
* Chrome-plated upper roller
* Micrometer gauges
* Large utility sink
* Paper soaking trays
* Drying rack
what you need to know:
- Printmakers working in linoleum, woodcut, wood engraving, etching, monoprint, monotype, collagraph, drypoint, and various other techniques will all find our press very accommodating.
- Bring in your prepared plate, inks, brayer and paper. Most plates can be worked on or refined at the workbench, but metal etchings requiring acid immersion should be ready to print, as we do not provide for the acid wash. We can not accommodate lithography.
- We have 18 x 36 and 36 x 60 felt pusher, catcher, and cushion blankets available for studio use. We also have a large (44 x 55) stainless steel sink for clean up, large paper trays for soaking paper and a large drying rack available.
Any solvents used must be odorless.
STUDIO RENTAL INFO
We have several options for artists looking to spend time in the Printmaking studio:
- Hourly, $10 per hour
- Daily, $55 per day
- Weekly, $95 per week
- Monthly, $150, (Resident ArtEst), This is our most economical option for dedicated artists. Artists will have complete access to the entire studio facility during business hours - approximately 250 available hours each month - which includes use of our studio equipment and storage for your gear. Great for either single media or versatile cross-media artists!
Give us a call to schedule studio time, or drop by to take a tour!